Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Life Line Essay


     

My First Life Line

Many have that moment of inspiration, whether the epiphany is from a film, a book, or even a person. My inspiration came from Cindy through an out of the blue conversation. Cindy is a short Guatemalan girl, who has beautiful black hair and big brown eyes that are hidden behind glasses; her figure is healthy and curvy.

Her personality is what people recognize though.  Her large vocabulary is the first thing that people notice. These words are what set her apart from being normal: “That’s a horrid habit.”, or “Don’t say such disgraceful things.” She is also a huge romantic who expects love to come quickly. This romantic idea of hers comes from all the books she reads; she is also an avid reader. Her reading leads to her imagination getting the best of her at times.

This is why Cindy is my best friend and my inspiration. Cindy and I met in the seventh grade. She didn’t like me at first because she isn’t one to trust people. The more we got to know each other, however, the more we discovered how many things we shared in common. Our fathers were both very protective of the family, and we both have annoying little brothers. Cindy isn’t just my best friend though; she is also my first life line.  She is the muse of my writing; she is the one who got me started. Writing is now practically my life. Creative writing is what inspires imagination and a smile to the world. It gives a great journey for a reader to experience, just through black and white words on a page. Writing creates happiness for most people, which is why I love it.

Cindy is always there when inspiration is in need. When a story needs to be told, she is the one who listens. When a story needs help with an idea, she inspires the idea. Cindy is the one who opened this opportunity for me.

My inspiration started at a long, brown, sticky lunch table. Cindy and I were eating our lunch, like any other day. The lunch food tasted bland, also like any other day, and the place reeked like sweaty kids and burnt burritos. The brick walls were covered in flyers and banners, and lining the top of the walls were country flags. I was eating a piece of pizza while watching as a girl chases a guy for her back pack around were  we sat in the cafeteria, or what we called “The Pit”.

“Hey, I was thinking.” Cindy started the conversation, taking a sip of her chocolate milk. “You know how I finished that one book I was telling you about?” she asked. Taking a bite out of my pizza, I nodded.

“Well, I was thinking.” She repeated. I raised an eyebrow curious as to why she repeated herself instead of telling me what she had been thinking. “What would our lives be like if it were written in a book?” she asked.

I nearly laughed at the very idea of our lives being in a book. When I saw the look on her face though, I knew I shouldn’t. Cindy was being completely serious. How was I supposed to reply to that?

“Wouldn’t it be marvelous?” she asked smiling at me. I just continued to look at her. “Just think of it us in a book.” She laughed. “It would be so fun to read it, but sadly, no one would ever write it.” She picked at her side salad looking a bit annoyed.

I was always one to want to keep a smile on Cindy’s face, so I did what I could to make her happy. If reading a story about our lives in story form was what she wanted, then that is what I would give her.

“I’ll write it, then.” I said. She looks up at me not sure she understood what I had said. I shrug at her, thinking writing would be simple. “How hard can it be?” she smiled at me and clapped excitedly.

“Oh, that would be wonderful! Of course you will need to include everything you and I have gone through...” She then went on about the events we had gone through, and I sat there nodding and agreeing with her.

Since then, I haven’t been able to stop writing and coming up with new story ideas. Cindy inspired the challenge of writing, and began the flow of creativity for my future writing career. Even today, Cindy still helps me out with ideas for stories, and inspires me through my writers block. Because of Cindy, I found my true passion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment